Are you trying to add a user to JIDS via User Management but the account does not appear in your User List?
Possible Issue: Password Requirements Not Met
Passwords must meet certain criteria to be saved in the system:
1. Be a minimum length of eight (8) characters
2. Include a mix of lowercase and uppercase
3. Include one special character (!*&%, etc.)
4. Include one number
5. Not be a dictionary word or proper name
6. Not be the same as the User ID
7. Not be identical to the previous ten (10) passwords.
If a compact office user enters a password that is missing one of these requirements, the account will not appear in your User List due to an invalid password.
Solution: Ensure the passwords meet all of the above requirements before saving the new account.
Possible Issue: Internet Explorer is in Compatibility Mode
If you're accessing JIDS via Internet Explorer and jids.juvenilecompact.org is on the Compatibility List or is in Compatibility Mode, User Management may not allow adding accounts.
Solution: Remove jids.juvenilecompact.org from the Compatibility List.
1. Select the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser to access Compatibility View settings:
2. If juvenilecompact.org is in the section "Websites you've added to Compatibility View" highlight it and select "Remove"
Possible Issue: User Account Was Deactivated & Removed From User List
If the user account was previously added to JIDS but was deactivated (login access removed and state group assignment removed), they will no longer appear in your User List. Because the username is the unique field in the database, the account cannot be re-added, it must be reactivated by the JIDS Helpdesk.
Why was the account deactivated?
User accounts are deactivated one of two ways:
- At the request of the state compact office, or
- During a user account cleanup, as part of a Performance Measurement Assessment. This occurred in 2016 and 2017. States were emailed a list of their users who have not accessed JIDS in the previous 6 month period. Compact offices are responsible for following up with those users to determine if they still require access to JIDS. If so, the users are to login to JIDS and update their password. If they do not do so during a specified timeframe, the account will automatically be deactivated. Only a state compact office can request and authorize reactivation of a deactivated account. Would you like to obtain your state's list of deactivated users from the 2016 and 2017 Performance Measurement Assessment? Email the JIDS Helpdesk.
How can I know if an account was previously active but is now deactivated?
Upon attempting to add an existing account, the compact office user will see the following message:
Because usernames are unique, compact offices will not be able to re-add a user who is already in the database but does not appear on your user list. Click the "JIDS Helpdesk" link to submit an account reactivation request to the JIDS Helpdesk.