States may use the Final Travel Plan form to document the travel details of a return. The state responsible for travel arrangements fills out the form and informs the other state of the travel details. The step for returning a Final Travel Plan form is built into the Voluntary Return, Non Voluntary Return, and Return for Failed Supervision workflows.
This form is also used to gather airport supervision/surveillance data in JIDS for third-party layover states. Due to the file security of JIDS, only the two states involved in a return may view the contents of a juvenile's file. As such, users should email the Final Travel Plan to the third-party layover state that will provide supervision/surveillance at the airport. Click here to learn how to email a form from JIDS.
How do I generate a Final Travel Plan?
- To generate this form in JIDS first open the juvenile's file.
- Next, select the blue plus sign icon from the upper-left hand icons menu and then select "Generate Form"
- Select "Travel Plan"
- OR, if you are doing a return for failed placement, you may select "Form Process"
- Then select "Falied Spvsn. Packet"
This option generates a Final Travel Plan and a Form X: Case Closure Notification.
When the e-form loads, hover over the fields to view pop-up tool-tips which provide instruction as to what goes in each field.
- Click here for a list of field descriptions.
- Finally, note that the only required field on this form is the "Date Travel Plan Submitted" field:
This date is used to capture the date range for the Airport Surveillance Requests Met custom reports. Click here to learn how the Final Travel Plan captures airport surveillance data.