- Date: 8-29-23
Objective: This article helps explore UNITY flexibility and functionality. Use "Talk to Text" to enhance time management and increase the thoroughness and timeliness of Home Evaluation and Quarterly Progress Reports while in the field.
- How to Use a cell phone to complete a Home Evaluation in the field; Video
- How To Access UNITY on a Cell Phone: Video + Image
- Get 1:1 help setting up UNITY on a cell phone Link
- Use the "Up Icon" to scroll back up when deep in this article
The UNITY application is readily available on a cell phone just as it is on a desktop or laptop computer. Leveraging the phone's "Talk to Text" functionality allows the Home Evaluation or Quarterly Progress Report to be done on-site while the review and information is current and fresh, instead of completing the report at a later time when report details may be unintentionally left out. For home evaluations, capturing an image of the home and neighborhood and uploading to the UNITY Home Evaluation section may help in providing for a more thorough report. Please Note: Uploading images may depend on your state's privacy policies. Always check with your State Compact Administrator.
The "talk to Text" information is immediately saved into UNITY and when back in office, data entry can be edited as needed.
Cell Phone Recommendations
- Use UNITY in the landscape position for best results and ease of data input.
- Practice the UNITY cell phone functionality by initially using the UNITY Training database to maximize your proficiency.
Demonstration of leveraging "Talk to Text" in UNITY using the Cell Phone for a Home Evaluation Report
Load UNITY onto the Cell Phone Home Screen
The following instructions below guide you on Android of iPhone cell phones.
- Open a browser such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge and type in the URL https:icjunity.org/
- Tap the "Three Dots" in the top right corner of the phone screen
- In the dropdown menu , select "Add to Home Screen"
- Change the Name of the Icon, if desired, and select Add.
Your new "web app" will appear in the next available space on your cell phone's Home screen.
- Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Navigate to https:icjunity.org/ to create a Home screen shortcut.
- Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen. (If you don't see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action.
- Type a name for your site link. This will be the title that appears beneath its icon on your Home screen.
- Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen.
Your new "web app" will appear in the next available space on your cell phone's home screen. To move it like you would any other app, tap and hold its icon, then tap Edit Home Screen, and you'll be able to drag it to your desired location. When you've placed it where you want it, tap Done.